Thursday, April 9, 2009

'nother nice review for 4




hey gang,


here's another nice review of issue #4.




things are going good on Billy Batson's next issue.
i'll have some stuff to show sooooooon.
the next adventure with doc sivana is becoming a favorite.
billy and mary have their work cut out for them.
nothing like a mad scientist to bring a fun story to your mind.
;)

again, i want to thank DC for the very great continued opportunity to work on this series. and also a big shout out to Dan Didio. . . he's always an awesome supporter and i can't thank him enough for caring about the book and my creative drive of it.
it's always a good thing at the end of the day to know that your editor's got your back.

:)

i love this series and i thank you all for sticking with it and enjoying the adventures of lil' billy. there are lots more stories on the way. we may have some other writers/artists helping out here and there, but no worries, it will still be filled with the "magic of Shazam."

AND i'll make sure i don't pull a brain-fart and write the "wisdom of samson" again.
hahahaha ;)
ugh. at least i got it right in rest of the book. mary refers to it as the wisdom of Solomon.


okay, enough of my babbling.
talk with you again soon.
as for now....

SHAZAM!

all the best,
m . . .

9 comments:

Linnen said...

This update made my day because for some reason I was under the impression Shazam! was a four-issue limited series. I am psyched and ready for more! Can't wait for Sivana!

Bartski said...

Mike,

I'm no fan of Superhero comics, but I've loved these books. To be honest, though, I'd buy anything you illustrated. When's the next Herobear coming out?

Chris S said...

This is one of those sad but happy things. Sad that your having to move on from the book but happy your getting to leave finish the Dr. Sivana run and that it looks to be left in good hands.

I hope now is that DC plans to also release these as a trade paperback. My hope is because my son and I have read the individual issues so many times I'm not sure they're going to hold up for much longer.

Thanks!

mdtk said...

Wonderful review Mike and so very well deserved. I can't wait for the
Sivana issues. Thanks so much for
bringing Captain Marvel back.

Unknown said...

THANK YOU! I just wanted to say that. I'm an artist/illustrator and a huge Captain Marvel fan and I love your books especially Hero Bear and the kid. Thanks for doing such a great job on the series. I just read issues 2,3, and 4 and came on your blog looking for original art and found out that you're leaving:( WHAT!? Even though I'm excited about the prospect of seeing many different teams' take on the big red cheese, I can only hope they have the passion and heart your stories have. I'm really excited about seeing your Dr. Sivana issues. Simply put, I loved your take on Captain Marvel and am sad to see you go. Best of luck and keep us, your fans, posted on your next project. Oh, and where can a guy go to get some of your original pages or even a sketch?
Thanks again and I'll make sure to take you up on your offer to change the "Sampson" mistake when I get you to sign my comics.

SJR 242 said...

I like your art! Your style is wonderful! I'll came back!! Absolutely!

Congratulations!!!

Joe Romano 2 said...

Mike Great stuff. I'm a huge fan and love Hero Bear. It nice to see someone out there that can write and illustrate from the heart.I love the fact I can share your stories with my kids.I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Keep up the great work.

Bob Renzas said...

So, there will be differnet artists working on the series as well?

mdtk said...

Yes, see

http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=12129